A child would normally spend about 16 hours or more in their crib on a daily basis. As a parent, it is your prime responsibility to ensure that comfort and safety of your child in the priority when selecting the best crib mattress. You have to remember that not all the mattresses meant for the cribs are safe, and there is a lot of misleading information given by companies. Therefore, it goes without saying that purchasing a crib mattress is sometimes a lot more important than the clothes that you purchase for your child.
Buying guide for the best crib mattress 2017
When selecting best baby crib mattresses for your child, there are a few things for you to know;
- Generally speaking purchasing a foam mattress which is more dense and firm would give your child the appropriate lumbar support that is needed in his development years. It is much better; however, unfortunately a lot of manufacturers would not put this criterion in their product information. Therefore, you need to do the own squeeze test in the store, and feel for the softness or the hardness of the mattress.
- The overall weight of the mattress also plays a very important part. Since you would be doing the changing of seats in the crib almost every day, you would not want to purchase a mattress which is extremely heavy as well as cumbersome. Therefore, you need to strike a proper balance between the amount of weight of the mattress and the ease of lifting it up.
Best crib mattresses reviews currently on the market
- Colgate Eco classica Dual firm mattress: – The Colgate Eco classica Dual firm mattress is an eco-friendly mattress that comes with proper accessories. It is lightweight, has an orthopedic style with dual firmness that can provide appropriate lumbar support to the child. It also has a 6 inch thickness of the mattress which ensures that you get tight fitting sheets in the crib. It also comes with an organic waterproofing that ensures that you need not worry about the longevity issues with the mattress. It has also passed all the State regulations for fire safety and comes with a healthy customer rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- It has an orthopedic style with dual firmness that is lightweight and fits any kinds of standard size cribs.
- It has already passed the toughest of GREENGUARD standard for the indoor air quality as well as containing over 10,000 volatile organic compounds.
- It provides dual firmness which is extremely good for toddlers in providing wonderful comfort.
- It has an organic cover closet which contains a waterproof backing for the durability of the product in question.
- It comes with a price tag of $167.99.
- Moonlight slumber Little dreamer crib mattress: – The moonlight slumber little dreamer crib mattress is affordable, non-toxic, and is extremely easy to clean and safe to use. It comes with 100% waterproof, hypoallergenic and toxic free stretch knit fabric that is very easy to use. Made entirely in the United States of America, it makes use of the highest quality of materials and has undergone the stringent tests necessary for it to qualify as a product meant for toddlers. With an average customer rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, this is definitely one of the best baby crib mattresses around.
- This mattress comes with a dual side sleep system, which is eco-friendly, and also contains plant -based foam which is healthy for your toddler.
- The fabric used in this mattress is medical grade, and therefore already certified to be fire retardant and has extremely low impact on the air quality of your house.
- It can be easily cleaned with hundred percent hypoallergenic materials used in the creation of the mattress.
- The product comes with a price tag of $ 196.90.
- Sealy soybean crib mattress: – The Sealy soybean crib mattress has been parent tested as well as approved by the certification agencies in the United States of America. This is the crib mattress that makes use of renewable soybeans in order to create the core of the foam, which comes with extremely wonderful firmness and durability that can be used for both infants as well as toddlers. It is this renewal of the option that makes it waterproof and eco-friendly. With a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, this sure is one of the best crib mattresses around.
- The mattress consists of high density soybean foam core, which essentially makes use of renewable soybeans in order to create foam that is used by toddlers and infants. It is extremely lightweight and durable, and makes use of natural and renewable soybeans, providing it with the right quantity of comfort and firmness for the infants as well as toddlers.
- The foam used in this product has been certified by CertiPUR, and therefore does not contain any heavy metals and has been independently tested.
- This product comes with a price tag of $103.54.
- Naturepedic no compromise dual firmness crib mattress: – The Naturepedic no compromise dual firmness crib mattress contains layers of organic cotton batting which has been able to create the perfect comfort and firmness necessary for your toddler. Your baby would be able to get the best of the dual firmness along with durability and easy changing that can be done by the parents. It also comes with a wave support technology which is patented and is made out of food grade polyethylene. It is also an organic mattress, which conforms to the strictest of GREENGUARD certification. With a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars, this is surely a product that you would want in your house.
- The mattress is made out of 100% organic cotton, and exclusively in the United States of America.
- It has a dual firmness, which can be used for many years.
- It comes at a price tag of $289.00.
- Safety 1st heavenly white crib mattress: – The safety 1st heavenly white crib mattress is amongst the best mattresses for toddlers. The high density bonded core can provide a very firm support, and keeps the baby comfortable in the crib. It is also lightweight and easily maneuvered and can be flipped without any excessive strain to the body. This product has an average customer rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- This mattress is hypoallergenic, and contains high density thermo bonds which provide firm support to the toddler.
- It is also extremely lightweight and durable and can be used throughout the development of your child.
- It comes with a price tag of $ 54.99.
Final Thought on Best Crib Mattresses 2017
It is always better to make use of the best crib mattresses which enable your child to have a fulfilling sleep, without creating any problems. The mattress would need to pass through rigorous tests and get proper certification for fire safety before you would want to think about using it for your child. Also, if you feel that your child may be allergic, then go for organic mattresses, rather than the synthetic variants.